A month in linear algebra
Mar 14, 2015 • David Bindel
The post for this month is written on a plane to Salt Lake City; I hope to see many of you at SIAM CSE!
The SIAM LA15 call for papers is available! Minisymposium proposals are due late March; abstracts and contributed presentations are due late April.
The deadline for the CIME Summer School in June 2015 is coming fast; if you know students or postdocs who might be interested, please encourage them to apply!
Several conferences of possible interest to SIAG-LA members were announced this month on the SIAG-LA digest and NA-digest, including:
- Paths, Pivots, and Practice: The Power of Optimization in June 2015
- CIME Summer School on Exploiting Hidden Structure in Matrix Computations in June 2015
- Sparse Days in June-July 2015
- Domain Decomposition Methods in July 2015
- Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra in July 2015
- Graduate Student Modeling Workshop in July 2015
- Modeling and Optimization: Theory and Applications in July 2015
- ICERM Mathematics in Data Science in July 2015
- Model Reduction of Parameterized Systems in October 2015
A possibly interesting item from the web at large: an open letter in support of the IMA.