SIAG LA digest
Jul 29, 2016 • Jen Pestana
This month the digest is going out a little early to remind you of upcoming SIAM CSE conference deadlines.
- SIAM and ILAS Prizes
- SIAM Conference on Computational Science (SIAM CSE17)
- Faculty positions in Mathematics at the University of Otago
- Submissions for next SIAM-LA digest
We were very pleased to see that a number of SIAG/LA members received SIAM and ILAS prizes.
- Paul Van Dooren received the ILAS Hans Schneider Prize for lifetime contributions to linear algebra
- Nicola Mastronardi and Paul Van Dooren received an outstanding paper prize for The Antitriangular Factorization of Symmetric Matrices, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, Vol. 34, Issue 1 (2013), pp. 173-196
- Andrii Dmytryshyn received a 2015 SIAM Student paper prize for his paper with Bo Kågström on Coupled Sylvester-type Matrix Equations and Block Diagonalization in SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, Vol. 36, Issue 2, (2015), pp. 580-593.
- Mario Berljafa received a 2016 SIAM Student paper prize for his paper with Stefan Güttel on Generalized Rational Krylov Decompositions with an Application to Rational Approximation in SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, Vol. 36, Issue 2 (2015), pp. 894-916
- The 2016 SIAM Fellows, a number of whom are SIAG/LA members, were recognized at the Annual Meeting
The call for participation for this conference is now available. Please visit http://www.siam.org/meetings/cse17 for more information.
August 1, 2016: Minisymposium proposals
August 29, 2016: Abstracts for contributed and mini symposium speakers
August 29, 2016: Abstracts for contributed posters and minisymposterium posters (thematic groups)
TRAVEL FUND APPLICATION DEADLINE
August 19, 2016: SIAM Student Travel Award and Post-doc/Early Career Travel Award Applications
Detailed guidelines for the preparation of abstract, minisymposia and poster submissions are available at http://www.siam.org/meetings/cse17/submissions.php
We especially encourage submissions of posters to CSE17, where we will have expanded poster sessions, including demos and thematic groups of posters (or poster minisymposia), as well as poster prizes. CSE17 poster sessions will be great opportunities for networking and interacting in depth about research topics. More details are below and on the call for participation.
Contact SIAM Conference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the conference.
The next SIAM-LA Digest is due to be sent out on Sep 03, 2016. Please send any postings for the next Digest to siam-la at siam.org. Only SIAG/LA members may submit postings. To contact the list owner, send an email to siam-la-owner at siam.org.