SIAG LA digest
Jul 4, 2016 • Jen Pestana
We at SIAG/LA are looking forward to an exciting month, with both the SIAM Annual Meeting in Boston (featuring a linear algebra track) and the 2016 ILAS meeting taking place next week.
- SIAG/LA sponsored minisymposia and miniposterium at SIAM Annual Meeting
- Paper Submission Deadline Extended for IEEE International Conference CAST 2016
- 16th GAMM Workshop Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra
- Workshop on Fast Direct Solvers
- Submissions for next SIAM-LA digest
A reminder that this year’s SIAM Annual meeting in Boston features a Linear Algebra Track. The following minisymposia and miniposterium within the track will be sponsored by SIAG/LA.
Yuanzhe Xi and Yousef Saad (Minnesota):
Innovative Methods for Large Scale Eigenvalue Solutions
Boris Kramer (MIT) and Joshua L. Proctor (Institute for Disease Modeling):
Data-Based Methods Towards Optimal Control of Complex Systems
- Nicholas Higham and Francoise Tisseur (Manchester):
Algorithms and Software in Numerical Linear Algebra
Due to several requests, we have extended the deadline for International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Security Trends (CAST 2016) to 15th July 2016.
The conference (technically sponsored by IEEE) will be held on 19th to 21st December 2016 at College of Engineering, Pune
Potential authors are invited to submit manuscripts of original unpublished research and recent developments in the topics related to the CAST-2016 conference. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, which will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Call for original contributions from wide area listed below but are not limited to
- Data Analytics, Big Data and Bioinformatics
- Information Security and Networking
- Distributed, Parallel and Cloud Computing
- Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
- Signal Processing, Multimedia and Embedded Systems
- Green Computing and Sustainable Energy Systems
Regards CAST 2016 Team
The 16th GAMM Workshop Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra with special emphasis on Linear Algebra Challenges in Machine Learning
will take place at Hamburg University of Technology, September 15-16, 2016, Hamburg.
The plenary speakers are
- Bart De Moor, KU Leuven, Belgium,
- Efstratios Gallopoulos, University of Patras, Greece,
- Philipp Hennig, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, Germany.
Talks related to Linear Algebra Challenges in Machine Learning and all other areas of applied and numerical linear algebra are welcome.
Details of the workshop can be found at
Please distribute this announcement freely to anyone interested in applied and numerical linear algebra.
On behalf of the organizers,
Sabine Le Borne & Jens-Peter Zemke.
Purdue CCAM (Center for Computational & Applied Mathematics) will be hosting a Workshop on Fast Direct Solvers on Saturday and Sunday, Nov 12-13, 2016. The organizers are Jie Shen and Jianlin Xia.
The purpose of the workshop is to discuss topics related to fast direct solvers, structured matrices, sparsity and data sparsity, fast PDE and IE solutions, high order discretizations, structured preconditioning, related applications, and other relevant subjects.
Contributed talks are welcome. Please see the following link for more details:
The next SIAM-LA Digest is due to be sent out on Aug 01, 2016. Please send any postings for the next Digest to siam-la at siam.org. Only SIAG/LA members may submit postings. To contact the list owner, send an email to siam-la-owner at siam.org.