A month in linear algebra
Feb 2, 2015 • David Bindel
The SIAM LA15 call for papers is available! Minisymposium proposals are due late March; abstracts and contributed presentations are due late April. Also, please send in your nominations for the SIAG/LA prize by Feb 15!
Several conferences of possible interest to SIAG-LA members were announced this month on the SIAG-LA digest and NA-digest, including:
- Workshop on Optimization and Big Data in May 2015
- PETSc 20th anniversary workshop in June 2015
- CSCS-USI Summer School on Effective HPC in July 2015
- Domain Decomposition Methods for PDEs in Aug 2015
A possibly interesting items from the web at large: Linear Algebra - Foundations to Frontiers is again being offered on the EdX platform by the good folks at UT Austin (started Jan 28).
- Preconditioning and the Conjugate Gradient Method in the Context of Solving PDEs by Málek and Strakoš
- Numerical Methods in Matrix Computations by Ake Bjork.
- Matrix Algebra for Linear Models by Marvin H. J. Gruber.
- Topics in Quaternion Linear Algebra by Leiba Rodman.